NIST Compliance & Security Made Easy
What is a NIST 800-53 Assessment?
A NIST 800-53 assessment is an information security assessment measured against the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53 security standard.
This tool is required in determining the network security of all United States federal information systems, except those which are directly related to national security. Because NIST 800-53 is a thorough security standard, Conformance CyberSecurity recommends it as a good security and compliance framework for the private sector as well.
Why Have a NIST 800-53 Assessment?
There are multiple reasons to conduct an assessment against this recognized and highly-regarded industry security standard:
- Regulatory compliance requiring a security assessment in which NIST is appropriate
- Commitment to knowing where you stand with your cybersecurity posture and securing your organization
NIST Compliance Expertise
Conformance CyberSecurity’s vast experience working with federal agencies and private sector companies that choose NIST as their security framework makes us uniquely qualified to understand and relate its requirements to your business.
We look at the full set of NIST 800-53 controls and consider each system’s potential overall organizational impact. Then, we apply our expertise to choose the controls applicable to your company and knowledgeably assign a Low, Moderate or High designation.
Having Conformance CyberSecurity conduct your NIST 800-53 Assessment provides the following value to you:
- Saves you the time and stress of working through this comprehensive framework so you can focus on your business.
- Provides clarity for the NIST 800-53 compliance requirements and gives guidance on how to mitigate deficiencies.
- Gives you peace of mind knowing you’ve entrusted your valuable data to a worthy cybersecurity partner.
NIST 800-53 Assessment Process and Deliverables
Conformance CyberSecurity partners with you to carefully assess your infrastructure to include systems, processes, and procedures. Our compliance experts interview key system owners and management personnel to determine gaps, as they relate to NIST 800-53 compliance.
Our experts perform the following to evaluate your NIST compliance posture and help you to become compliant:
- Perform a NIST gap analysis utilizing the NIST 800-53 control set.
- Produce a gap analysis report with a detailed matrix that compares the baseline technical controls in place today and the appropriate NIST control level requirements.
- Create an Executive Summary Report to help you communicate your security posture and its implications to company decision makers to support your efforts to secure your organization.
- Provide you with a detailed remediation road map to be used as a guide for remediating deficiencies. The road map will be categorized based on the order of the criticality of the findings.
NIST 800-53 Remediation
Conformance CyberSecurity offers a host of NIST 800 related services. In addition to a NIST assessment, Conformance CyberSecurity can assist you with remediation and implementation of the needed solutions identified in your evaluation.
Get a Handle on Your Cybersecurity Program
Request a Free Consultation Today